Thursday 30 June 2011

Foo Fighters bands working for their MTV Movie Awards performances

Foo Fighters bands was in California to working for their MTV Movie Awards performances, when band's member Dave Grohl mentions the purchase of the analogue mixing desk the album Nevermind was made on.

Grohl told The Guardian, "Everybody wanted it, but the owner wanted me to have it. I went to pick it and almost started bawling."

He also has an emotional performance before an audience of one when he Novoselic, Krist and Sameer beat song for the upcoming shows were practicing the disclosed and faced inevitable.

Grohl says, "Krist is on bass. Pat's on guitar. I'm on drums".

"Krist says, 'You wanna run through some oldies?' Me and Pat look at each other. I mean, that's something I've never considered before. I was, like [queasily], 'OK.'

"Krist says, 'F-ck it, let's do Smells Like Teen Spirit. And Pat starts playing, and we kick into it. I haven't played that drum beat in 17 years.

"It was crazy. It was like… a ghost. It was heavy.

"Our studio manager was the only guy there and when we'd finished he was like, 'Hey, you should record that.'”

Grohl was asked who provided vocals, and said: "Nobody sang.”

No comments:

Post a Comment